IBC Code: Complete Overview and Drafting Workshop. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

shivani (housewife)     09 December 2022

Rent accomodation

Please advice. Recently i have been evicted from my matrimonial home under the possession case filed by the father in-law in the trial court, immediately i filed an appeal in the high court stating that my eviction is not as per law etc & no accomodation has been arranged by the husband. high court did not grant a stay while on the other hand father-in-law filed for execution & bailiff appointment ,so high court asked the husband to arrange an accomodation and passed an interim order for accomodation & high court has kept my appeal pending and vl hear my case on merits.i shifted to a rent house in the meanwhile. My problem is that i never moved an application in the dvact case that i need a rent accomodation bcz i never wanted to stay on rent.this point has been raised by the opposite side in the high court that i shud not be getting the rent amount further since in the final order also the dvact judge never granted me a relief of having an accomodation.. but in every other 5-6 cases ,husband and the father-in-law have mentioned on oath that they are ready to provide me a rent accomodation since the beginning and that i should be evicted from my matrimonial home so this is the reason that i never filed for a rent accomodation prayer since husband and inlaws have been saying themselves that they are already ready to pay for my rent . Should I bring this in the notice of the high court judge & will this help if I tell the judge that inlaws and husband were always ready to pay for my rent,that is why I never filed a separate application,so will the judge secure for my accomodation in the future also ?


 1 Replies

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     17 January 2023

Perusal of whole set of papers shall e needed for any lawyer to form a view in the matter.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query