Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Maheshwar   28 December 2015

Relieving letter not provided

Hi,

I have worked for Company A. I have resinged and completed work till the end of notice period.

In the last minute they asked me to sign. "Indeminity Bond" for 3 years or need to pay 10L to the company.

This info they have given in the last min after completing all other formalities.

My HR Accepted that they have asked and informed me to sign the Document in the last minute by eMail.

Below is the letter they have sent.

Dear Maheshwar,

At the outset let me apologize for the incorrect information given by HR team and informing you in the last minute.

--> If i signed it I will not be able to join my new B company. 

Can you guys please guide me in getting my releving order from my previous company.

Thanks

Maheshwar M A

Learning

3 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     01 January 2016

You have posted that:

---" At the outset let me apologize for the incorrect information given by HR team and informing you in the last minute."

There is no elaboration of what incorrect information was given and what was informed you on the last minute?

How can you conclude that it was pertaining to some 'Indemnity Bond'?

You need to conclude that you were forced to sign and you are withdrawing from document signed by you and original should be returned to you!

It also indicates that there was some minor disconnec tnand you were as outgoing employee, meant to sign as per some company's policy.

---"If i signed it I will not be able to join my new B company. "

Why should this indemnity apply to you?

How and why it binds you to an extent that you can join/get employed and earn your source of livelihood?

Have you signed it?

Do you have a copy?

1 Like

Maheshwar   01 January 2016

---" At the outset let me apologize for the incorrect information given by HR team and informing you in the last minute."

There is no elaboration of what incorrect information was given and what was informed you on the last minute? --> I was asked to sign "Indemnity Bond" in the last minute. I sent a mail to get the same in email from the "HR Unit Head". For that they have replyed with an appology. Accepting they have informed me to sign the Document in the last minute.

"Hi Suhasni/Senthil,

As HR Senthil Kumar Pichai [ Manager Human resource]  had told me to sign this indemnity bond at the nick of time of receiving the Re-leaving order at around 5 pm ( Even though i directly asked Senthil kumar whether any bond is there and i need to sign a week ago [April 3 or April 4] but HR Senthil told, that there is nothing to sign any bond)."

How can you conclude that it was pertaining to some 'Indemnity Bond'? --> I have the Scanned Document. Where it clearly mentions "Indemnity Bond" in the 100 Rs Indian Non Juduciary paper. As per the bond i should not work with Company A cleints where i have been previously deputed. [ Direct employement or through 3rd party company]

You need to conclude that you were forced to sign and you are withdrawing from document signed by you and original should be returned to you! --> From above e-mail i sent to my company and reply from them is the evidence i have from them.

Only Document they need to provide to me is Releving order. PF widdthrawel also done from same company.  Where it clearly mentions that my last working day is Last April.

It also indicates that there was some minor disconnec tnand you were as outgoing employee, meant to sign as per some company's policy. --> There is no return policy in the company that we cannot join the client company directly or indirectly. Only we have a NDA that we should not disclose the task what we are doing inside the company.

---"If i signed it I will not be able to join my new B company. "

Why should this indemnity apply to you?   --> From Company A i worked for a client. My B company client is also the same.

How and why it binds you to an extent that you can join/get employed and earn your source of livelihood? --> My job is some what Computer H/w related work. Only few companies are in this feild.

Have you signed it? --> Nope i didnt signed it.

Do you have a copy? --> yes, Scanned copy i have with me.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     01 January 2016

----Relieving Ordr/letter: signifies that employee has resigned and nothing is due from employee.

Have you recived the acknowledgment and acceptance of resignation,service certificate, NOC/NDC, Handover of charge,FnF statement, FnF dues, salary slip of all  months, including last month, PF a/c slips of all years,Form16 etc?

Has the comapny stated on record (written/audio/visual/minuted/witnessed) that if you don't sign none of the above mentioned docs shall be issued to you?

----PF withdrawal: Have you recieved PF withdrawal or you have submitted PF withdrawal forms? Did you obtain acknowledgment of PF withdrawal forms?

----NDA: It was also signed on LWD or earlier? NDA may be valid. Hence refrain from submitting anything in writing and cause anything that can establish breach by you.

----You have posted that "There is no return policy in the company that we cannot join the client company directly or indirectly. "

Then why all of a sudden you are being forced to sign so called 'Indemnity Bond'? You could have cited it also in your emails and obtained a reply.

What is our designation and nature of duties?

Would the next employer support you if lst employer posts adverse comments in BGV and/or issues any kind of notice or proceeds to sue?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register