Relieving letter

Hi Sir,

I am Shreya. I have signed a 3 year bond with an MNC company and had served 2years (2013 jan to 2014 Oct) with them. Later because of m personal problems I resigned to my job. At the time of resignation i clearly told them my position and they said ok for it.everything is verbal, i have dropped an e-mail about my resignation and handed over the id card to them. They said that they will give me the relieving letter. After 3months i have got a job in their competetor company and i joined with them, when they did the Background verification the past company people said that she has broke the bond and we will take legal actions on her for breaking the bond and then I have been removed from the company.From then they were like you broke the bond and havent completed the bond period we cannot give,if you want the relieving letter you have to pay 3lakhs. I said that i will pay 1lakh since i have already served 2years. they are not ok with it, i have dropped so many mails and made so many phone cals. From the past 2years i have been contionously contacting them. sometime they say that I have complete the bond period to get my relievning letter, if i say yes they will not give me the date. If i cal my manager he will say it is in HR's hand, and if i cal my HR he wil say it is in the hands of my manager.

Because of this I am not able to get job anywhere, i tried different ways tu pursuade them but none of them are working out. One of my friends suggested me to lodge a complaint but  I fear if I lodge a complaint against them in future if any company does the background verification these people will defly mention this and it will be much more difficult for me to get a job. Please help me out.

Thanks in advance..


Why did you break the bond?, and; Why did you start working in the competitor company? You must understand what a bond is when you start working for this type of Companies. If you try to take legal action against the company it may not work out because you have signed an agreement in the form of a bond and that you have not honoured it. If you want to come out of this you must have some form of concrete evidence, otherwise there is no chance, or you are willing you to pay the compensation that they are seeking.



Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query
Muslim Personal Law     |    x