LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Abhishek Mawle (x)     29 December 2010

Relief against Bank

I am trying to obtain working capital loan from the State Bank of India, I am being denied the loan although I am reasonably qualified, and I hold a bachelor’s in Mechanical Engineering. I approached State Bank of India, Small and Medium Enterprise cell. They after making e spend nearly 15,000/- and six months time denied my loan. My chartered accountant is convinced that our business plan is reliable and sustainable but the Bank officers are not but it is somehow strange that the same bank gave 600 crores to Harshad Mehta to artificially inflate stock market, gave 8000 crores against 2g licenses bought for 1650 crores, funded 4200 Crore Tata motors back door bail out by flouting norms and also funded Maytas the infamous arm of erstwhile Satyam now known as Mahindra Satyam. My question is can I go to court and ask the court to direct the bank to sanction the loan based on the chartered accountants assessment.

Learning

4 Replies

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     30 December 2010

I think you not taken personal care of the officials, if you had taken personal care you would have got the loan already.

nitin (Proprietor)     30 December 2010

Dear Mr. Abhishek 

My advise you to discuss with the bank officer about your loan proposal & ask about the problem in sanctioning the loan. 

If your CA is not providing you the satisfaction answer then i suggest you to meet directly with the bank officer and try to resolve the problem.

Even if bank officer denied for the loan, then ask from them to give in writing reason for not sanctioning loan.

If your proposal is sound & viable then u can make the complaint against the bank officer in banking Ombudsman. 

Here is the link of the website www.bankingombudsman.rbi.org.in

AT LAST PERSONAL ADVICE NOT TO MAKE THE MATTER COMPLICATED & TRY TO SOLVE THE MATTER PEACEFULLY. I SURE U UNDERSTAND WHAT I MEANT TO SAY

RGDS

CA. NITIN AGRAWAL

Abhishek Mawle (x)     31 December 2010

The Banks has given a reason in writing first time

1)      I am not willing to provide data.

2)      I have not submitted information on its associate concern.

Both these reasons are incorrect since I always provided the required data and there is no

associate concern. I approached Reserve Bank of India, Ombudsman and he gave me a

letter citing  the  reason that sanction of a loan is a commercial decision to be taken by

the bank and not a valid ground for complaint. I went bank to the bank with the letter of

denial and asked them to review my loan application and they gave me another letter

citing the reason that my units is not viable. The larger question that sets in is

that most of the nationalized banks sanction some bad loans including the loans  

mentioned above in my original posting and reject some viable loans for projects how do

we overcome this deficiency in the system. Is there any legal recourse I have to get my

loan sanctioned form the court by submitting necessary documents. I did not understand

your suggestion resolve the matter peacefully. Please explain.

nitin (Proprietor)     31 December 2010

Looking to the problem i suggest to talk with the senior level branch manager or talk with the zonal head regarding your problem.

I am sure that they will listen to you & try to solve the problem.

I am dealing with the S.B.I from long time & i have not came such problem any time.

Please do not cite example's of bad loans by the bank for your application since it will create a bad image of your's in the bank.

Regarding peacefully i meant to say that the matter will not be solved by fighting. 

Ask what the officers want & try to provide it

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register