New LIVE Course: Learn the Practical Nuances of IPR Drafting by Adv. Gautam Matani. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Joe (Professional)     31 August 2013

Release deed and future claims.


Thank you for starting this forum which is very informative & useful.

My query is: My house is self-acquired by my father and he died. Recently my sister who is married gave a release deed in my and my mother's name for this house and land. I would like to know whether my sister has a claim in this property after the time of my mother. There are no other legal heirs.


 2 Replies

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     31 August 2013

your sister relinquished her right in favour of you and your mother.  after your mother, you and your sister will have joint right over the share of your mother.  so there is chance to claim for her share in the share of your mother.   this is for information only

1 Like

Joe (Professional)     31 August 2013

Hello Sir,

Thank you for the reply. So what can be done presently to overcome such a possibility of claim in the future. My guess are the follows:

1. A release deed by my mother in my name.

2. A will registered by my mother stating the property to be transferred only to me.

In the second case, can a claim be made by sister to overcome this will.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register