Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

T.V.MANIAN (SENIOR MANAGER(Retd) Nationalised Bank)     08 September 2015

Relationship between a retired bank employee & his employer

I like to have clarity on the following points

1. What is the relationship(contractual) between the retired bank employee on superannuation and his employer bank?
  2. Is there any prohibition for the Bank Employee pensioners to make any complaint in the Bank's customer service grievance portal for the matters related to the  servicing of the pension and other matters like issuance of Form 16 A ( TDS on Bank deposit interest), Monthly pension slip etc.( issuance of monthly pension slip was delegated to the Branch where the pension account is maintained;upon the Branch failure/delay in issuing the pension slip, a complaint was made online in the customers' grievance portal which was replied that as a retd employee, it can be taken up with HRM dept of the bank only and need not be in the customers' grievance portal as it is meant for customers only. I have replied that the Bank is playing the dual role of  former employer and that of the pension disbursing Agent bank; as the refrred complaint was only about servicing my account and the delegated duty by the employer Bank. I am a pensioner  as for as the Employer is concerned and I am a customer as for as the Branch of that bank is concerned. Hence, I am in order in making a complaint in the customers grievance portal- Am I right Sirs?)
  3. Am I suppose to receive pension only from the branch of my employer bank? Like other pensioners of Central govt., Defence & railway, whether I am having the option to receive the pension thru the Branch of other nationalised Banks?

Learning

2 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     09 September 2015

Even during employment, you are first a citizen having fundamental rights and that of consumer and then only an employee.  Whether you are retired or serving can not make a difference as far as rights are concerned.  The mutual duties and obligations between employer and employee no more exists except those specifically agreed in writing by the Awards.

You are free to exercise your options as all are legal and no one can compel an individual to do a certain thing in that manner only.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     17 September 2015

In my opinion this is neither an employment related problem nor you are an employee anymore.  Further there is no bar to opt to draw your pension from any other bank other than your former employer's bank alone.  

The Bank's customer service grievance portal cannot give a reply asking you to approach the HRM for the issues which is not a matter related to employment related to pension issue, if you are aggrieved by this reply you may issue a legal notice to the person who gave you this reply asking him to quote the relevant rules requiring you to contact the said authority for this purpose.  

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register