25% OFF on all LCI Courses. Offer valid till 5th Oct. Use Code: DUS25
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

KECEES (seaman)     09 May 2013

Reissue of passport with address change

My current passport is due for expiry and needs to renew.I have a change of address.I have required supporting documents for new address where im living for past 3 yrs(postpaid phone,Gas,Bank Passbook etc etc).I want to apply in tatkaal scheme.However last time it took 4 months for verification and 6 months to receive passport after a million walks in and out of passport centre.
My query is will there be only one verification in my new address or will there be police verification in both my new and old address which will consume a lot of time ? I want to avoid all this delay what happened last time.Please advice.


 4 Replies

Priya Sukumaran (Consultant)     12 September 2013

not at all sir, you will get passport in one day provided three address proof is exactly matching with the new address..no spelling mistakes..same door numbers..

you can very well apply in tatkal..not an issue..this time no need to run..u get the passport first..then comes the police verification..

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     15 September 2013

not a legal query. contact passport office.

Dharmesh Teraiya (Advocate)     28 March 2016

You are living new address since last three years so no need to show old address proof.

you will get police inquiry of only new address.

best of luck

Archit Uniyal   16 April 2020

This article has the answer to your query. You may give it a read.

Thank you.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query