LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vipin Aggarwal   30 September 2016

Registered 1 bhk in wife name

I have recently purchased 1BHK in Vrindavan and got registered the same in the name of my wife. Now she refused my access to the home as the registry in her name. What legal options left with me. Please help.


 4 Replies

adv.bharat @ PUNE (Lawyer)     30 September 2016

Vipin ji your wife can't act like this since it is joint Hindu property.

You can get access by amicable settlement or mediation technique.

You can take release deed from her if u want your name on that property.

If u like my suggstion then give THANK my profile.


Dear Vipin:

As long as you are married, your wife can file DV case, and obtain protection orders prohibiting you from entering the apartment. The orders can be interim and/or final. You have to fight the DV case to get the protection order lifted. DV cases can take 4-5 years. If you are divorced, it is then her "Stridhan" and becomes her property because according to Hindu Marriage Act, any gift given by husband to wife becomes her own.

Sumit Nandvani (Advocate)     01 October 2016

Hello Vipin, As per the supreme court judgement who posses the title of the deed is the only owner of the property wheather payment made by anyone. But u have one remedy of injuction or stay nd u can enjoy the stay till 15-20 years. For detail remedy options please call me on my no. 8826550368.

Augustine Chatterjee,New Delhi (Advocate & Solicitor at Law)     02 October 2016

If the property has been purchased by your funds in the name of your wife, then the same happens to be a Benami Transaction and hence any right or title you claim over the same is barred by law.

Augustine Chatterjee

Advocate & Solicitor at Law


Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register