Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

kumar (ABC)     18 March 2010

Regarding Employment Bond

Hi ,

I have been working in an IT company for the past 3months. I have got an offer from another MNC with a decent pay. During joining the company, i have signed a bond (not on stamp paper) which states that "The Company would b investing an estimated amount of 2lakh Rupees for the training of the employee, for wich the employee should be working for the company for a period of 3 years. If the employee leaves before this period he needs to pay a sum of 2lakh rupees".

I have only accepted the Job offer at the time of joining.

But i still didnt accept my appointment letter which given to me after 2months of joining.

Another important issue is that the company promised a stipendary amount of 10500/month for the first six months of probation. But the company only pays us 8300 stating that Stipendary amount is converted to CTC.

I am still under probation and i want to leave the company.

Could you please suggest me on what could be done. Is the bond valid(as i have still not signed on my appointment letter).

OR

Should i leave the company without intimating them.

Regards,

kiran Kumar

Learning

4 Replies

Vinod kashyap (Advocate & Legal advisor)     20 March 2010

. Yes employment bond is valid if company spent money on employee's training and it will be recovered from employee if he leave employment before agreed period. You are still probation period so that there is no quastion to sign appointment letter. employee will leave the service during probation period any time without giving any notice but as well as agreement is concern its effective from date of execution.

kumar (ABC)     20 March 2010

So , Does this mean that leaving the company during probation has no impact on the signed bond?

Tapan Amoria (Manager H.R.)     21 March 2010

Dear Kumar

In future you shoud be more careful of what you are signing.

Regarding your present bond I do agree with Mr. Vinod Kashyap that you can leave the company in probation period. Moreover to recover the amount company has to approach the court and have to prove the expenditure of Rs. 200000 on you which is quite a difficult task to justify unless and untill they have hired, out siders to train you or have sent you in foreign country for training purpose.

kumar (ABC)     21 March 2010

Tapan/Vinod,

I Thank both of you for the valueble suggestion that you have given and i would make sure  that i will be careful next time when i sign a bond.

But i need a clarification regarding leaving the company.

Should i Resign or Leave the company without intimation.

Regards,

Kiran Kumar

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register