Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Nemo (Seeker)     09 August 2013

Regarding bond breaking with a company

Hi,

I am a UI Designer by proffession having 1 yr. of corporate experience in the same field. I went for an Interview in a company and during the machine test I was provided with a good computer and monitor. I successfully completed the test and was thus selected and offered the position of designer in the company. They sent me an offer letter in the mail stating all the details like working days and timing, salary package, their was just one line written that "Your minimum tenure will be one year". I gave a confirmation to the offer letter in the mail itself. Thenafter when I joined the company on 2nd August, I filled an personal detail form on which their was nowhere written anything about the bond. After which I was not given a PC the whole day, to which they said that they'll be providing me the PC the next day, but the next day also there was no PC. Then on Monday they alloted me a PC which was so outdated that it dint even supported the softwares I required which they were completely aware of and apart from that they provided me with the most outdated CRT monitor  which is very difficult to use for a designer. the whole day the softwares got crashed for about 4-5 times. I was really frustrated with all this. Apart from that their infrastructure is soooo bad that water comes in from the roof when it rains (sometimes) causing fire (as per a fellow employee told me). The washroom was outside the office on the second floor. The infrastructure was very poor and not even the PC was provided. So I left the company without any information. No after three days they sent me a mail that If I dont report to ofice on 13th August they'll declare me an absconder and'll take lagal action against me. What shall I do??? Please help...

Learning

1 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     09 August 2013

Abscondment is misconduct.

Employee should not abscond.

Employee should always consult before signing on the dotted line and acting on his own and in haste.

If you do not report, company may proceed further and terminate.

As stated in offer letter, appointment letter, it may claim notice pay, damages, loss which you will come to know only after it has issued a notice, legal notice etc to you……………..

It would have been better to represent in writing, narrate your first hand experience, relate with what was offered and promised, and proceed step wise to declare the employer as unworthy of being employed with.

Approach your lawyer, show all documents and submit a carefully drafted reply to the email.

There are enough threads which suggest there are unscrupulous employers in the market which are maverick craftsmen of contracts…………………………..and they won’t blonk before issuing notice, legal notice, and many of the ill informed, fearsome employees end up paying or suffering at the hands of such employers.

On the mutually agreed date you may explain in person and submit minutes of discussion to close the matter.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register