Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Indian12345 (a)     23 March 2014

Redund of school admission fees

Hi,

I had taken my child's admission in a nursery school in Pune about 1 month back. Now due to some personal reasons I need to cancel the admission. I had visited the school and submitted an application for refund, the school department says they cannot refund the admission fees (which is non-refundable as per the receipt given to me), but can return the tution/term fee. The school has not opened yet for the new term and my child hasn't even attended a single session till now. She has not got the school kit too.

The school said they can refund the term fee that too after 5 months which I feel is not justifiable since while securing admission you need to give cheque for the current date while when getting refund it is post dated , that too 5 months late.

So what are my rights in this case as a Consumer. Any lawyer who can help me and what is the total fees which I would need to pay to the lawyer (inclusive of all). Can that fees too be recovered from the school ?

Please post the phone number/email id of the lawyers in case you know any.

Thanks.

Learning

5 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     23 March 2014

You may obtain the latest DOE rules go thru DOE guidelines on refund of fees and DCDRF decision in the attachments.

The forums as in the attachments can help you.

"DoE guidelines on fee refund are quite clear. If a child withdraws admission before March 31, only admission fee of Rs 200 and Rs 25 as registration fee can be retained by a school,"

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/delhi/Nursery-blues-over-fee-refund/articleshow/11771622.cms

“Even if the college puts out a notice that they will not refund the fees, or make you  sign an agreement about non- refundability of fees, then it is bad in law. “

“Consumer Forums  are essentially adjucators based on evidence. So keep all the correspondence, receipts and communications intact.”

https://www.careers360.com/news/4961-Advisory_how_to_claim_your_fees_refund

Attached File : 797121899 refund of fees.docx, 797121899 doe maharashtra rules.doc downloaded: 106 times

Kapil Gupta (Advocate)     23 March 2014

Dear client, you should enagage a lawyer and file a writ petition under article 226 in the High Court. Thank you.

Dear Pooja, you should request thebcourt u/s 9 for RCR once again. There is no other way to save your relationship. You can try to involve the elders and make pressure on your husband socially so that he might live with you once again. For anymore help, you can contact me on my e-mail id or my mobile. Thank you.

Dear Pooja, you should request thebcourt u/s 9 for RCR once again. There is no other way to save your relationship. You can try to involve the elders and make pressure on your husband socially so that he might live with you once again. For anymore help, you can contact me on my e-mail id or my mobile. Thank you.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     25 March 2014

Expert Mr. Kumar Doab has given some useful and valuable information, suggestions to be followed by, you may contact an advocate locally and brief him with the details and proceed as required.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register