LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Akshay Choudhary   08 April 2017

Redmi Note 4; xiaomi not giving back replacement

I bought Redmi Note 4 on 1st March 2017. I have spent Rs. 13748 to buy the phone and Mi Protect.

On Tuesday (7th march 2017) I updated the MIUI 8 and kept the phone for charging. It got burnt, later I looked that phone was damaged.

I contacted Service centers, made calls, had chat & email but nothing happened till 20th March (11 Days wasted). On 20 March I received a mail:
Response By Email (Anindita) (03/20/2017 03:43 PM)
Hi Akshay,

Request you to send the device and all the accessories involved to the following address:
To:Manjunath
Incident No: 170306002092
Address: Xiaomi Technology India Private Limited, 5th floor, Block Delta, B Block, Embassy Tech Square, Inside Cessna Business Park, Marathahalli Outer Ring Road, Kadubeesanahalli, Varthur Hobli, Bangalore – 560103
..............................................................................................................................................................................
I send it to them on 21st March
After that day everyday I am calling them, sending them mails, chatting with them, but they are not sending me replacement/refund or repaired phone.
Its been a month already for this issue, 19 days since I sent them my phone. But they are just saying that they have escalated the issue and I have to wait. Even not sending my Burnt phone back. Xiaomi is not even replying that what they are doing with my phone and where is the replacement? What should I do now?

Learning

5 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     08 April 2017

GO thru the policy/T&C on replacement.

If 30days is max. time and over issue fianl Notice and approach DCDRF.

Akshay Choudhary   10 April 2017

Sir,

I mailed them multiple times that if you don't provide me replacement/refund or repaired phone. I will take legal action against them, but they only call and say that they will give replacement and I have to wait sometime.

I have mailed them (service.in@xiaomi.com , xiaomi_service@mailsy.custhelp.com , manu@xiaomi.com) that I will take action against them and I will go to consumer court :

Xiaomi Technology India Private Limited, 5thFlr, Delta Blk,Embassy Tech Sq,Kadubeesanahalli Marathahalli - Sarjapur Outer Ring Rd, Bangalore KA 560103 IND

And

1.) (Phone Seller Address on the box)
TVS Electronics Limited
C/O DHL
4th Floor,Plot No 193-197&254-258
137&248-249 Jigani Link Road,
Bommasandra Industrial Area,
Bangalore-562106

2.) (Warehouse Mi, where i sent my phone back)
Manjunath
Incident iD:-170306-002092    
Address: Xiaomi Technology India Private Limited, 5th floor, Block Delta, B Block, Embassy Tech Square, Inside Cessna Business Park, Marathahalli Outer Ring Road, Kadubeesanahalli, Varthur Hobli, Bangalore – 560103

3.) Xiaomi Logistics,

C/O DHL Supply Chain Pvt. Ltd,
Plot Nos. 193-197, 254-258, 137, 248-249 Jigani Link Road, Bommasandra Industrial Area, Bangalore 562106, Karnataka.

No of Days passed since incidence first recorded to Mi services 9th Mar-10 Apr
No of Days passed since phone sent to Mi services 22nd Mar-10 Apr

Should I againg send them final notice?

Should I go to consumer court in ahmedabad and file my complain there?

Kumar Doab (FIN)     10 April 2017

The calls might be web/internet generated cals and difficult to prove.

Record all calls.

During the calls narrate all previous calls: Date/Name/time/phone number as on your phone screen and committement made to you……………………….and ask to supply written communication and mentio deadline  ( as given previously to you).

Kumar Doab (FIN)     10 April 2017

If you are unable to handle on your own entrust to your counsel spewcializing in consumer matters.

If you are confident that you can handle yourself, issue final notice and go ahead.

Check at:

www.confonet.nic.in

Tushar Jha (Advisor)     10 April 2017

Kumar Doab has replied aptly.

Send a Legal notice via email and then by Registered Post A.D. to their Corporate Office/Customer Care Department stating to resolve your complain within 15 or 30 Days, failing which you will file a complaint with Consumer Forum in your District. If they fail to respond even after receiving your notice, sue them in Consumer Forum claiming cost of phone, incidental expenses, compensation for deficiency in services and cost of filling lawsuit. You can self represent at Consumer Forum.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register