Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

kumar (owner)     05 April 2012

Rectification deed

Hello Friends,

Looking for clarification on Rectification deed.

My cousin purchased a property and I have invested 50% on that, but during registartion I was out of the country, so he registered in his name.

Now I wanted to include my name also in that property registration, 

1. How best I can include my name in to that property , by say 50% owner.

2. Does this can done by using Rectification deed, if so, what is the wayout and what will be the registration stamping process costs.

3. Is it safe to procede with rectification deed, does that required registration or notary is enough.

Pl. suggest.

Kumar

Learning

26 Replies

Kishtaiah (Advocate)     06 April 2012

Kumar, the rectification deed is to set right errors in the details and descripttion of the property.  So far as the name of the purchaser is concerned it can not be termed an error.  As long as the name of the purchaser is properly shown in the sale deed, it is concluded that the saled deed is complete and correct.  I think, the only way you have is to get 50% of rights/sale separately marked portion of the whole or it could be the undivided share of the land, if so required, be registered in your name like any other such deal.  Rectification deed can't help it.  Please consult the concerned Sub-Registrar of land records.

Shashikant V. Patil (Lawyer)     06 April 2012

Yes, Mr. Kishtaiah is right to state, usually, rectification is meant to rectify only errors happens to in writing or typing.  But Omission and addition can not undertake in the rectification. So you, again purchase 50% share from your cousin by way of registered sale deed by paying necessary stamp duty calculated according to state stamp act you belongs.

Gnana Guru (Engineer)     09 April 2012

Dear Sir,

I purchased a land and registered with sub-registrar office. I found that my father's name has typing error in the document. What i need to do for correcting this mistake? Should i go for rectification deed with registration? If so, what is the cost of stamp duty and registration?

Thanks, Gnanaguru N.

Shashikant V. Patil (Lawyer)     16 April 2012

Dear Gnana Guru,

If it is error in the name of your father in sale deed, you can rectify the same by executing rectification deed in Sub-registrar office itself.  In Maharashtra state, stamp duty for the rectification deed is Rs 200/- .  I do not which state you belong? you may check it from sub-registrar office itself.

Gnana Guru (Engineer)     16 April 2012

Thanks for the reply. I purchased land in Tamilnadu. Please let me know the stamp duty cost for executing the rectification deed and registering this.

Thanks,

Gnanaguru N.

Shashikant V. Patil (Lawyer)     17 April 2012

Check it out , in TN may be differ from Maharashtra.

kumar (xxx)     27 June 2012

Dear Sir,

I have purchased a land and registered with sub-registrar office in chennai (State of Tamilnadu). I found that my name has typing error in the document. It has been typed as "Kumar@Rajkumar".  It should be "Rajkumar"only. What i need to do for correcting this mistake? Should i go for rectification deed with registration?. If so, what is the cost of stamp duty and registration?. Kindly help me to proceed further.

Thanks & Regards,

kumar.

Shashikant V. Patil (Lawyer)     27 June 2012

Dear Kumar,

Gramatically , name of the person should be correctly spelled in the property document, hence better, you execute a deed of rectification.  In Maharashtra, the stamp duty is Rs 200/- and Registration fee is also very less.  You check up with the Sub-registrar office in Chennai. 

Saransh (Executive)     29 June 2012

Hello sir, I bought a property in chandigarh. Now i have changed my name and gender legally by publishing in gazette of india ,newspaper adds . Do i have to change my name and gender in the property papers,,if yes dan how it is done...how much is the fees etc??? n if i dont change it now dan wud it be difficult to sell it as i m changing my id proofs.</p>

Shashikant V. Patil (Lawyer)     30 June 2012

Dear Saransh,

You  can change it  by way of rectification deed (i.e. your  new name and gender) providedly concern documents will have to be enclosed with the rectification deed i.e Gazette and as far as concerned (how you changed gender on paper or physically changed is not known) if physically changed then medical certificates are also required to be attached with rectification deed.  And for stamp duty, you will have to check with sub-registrar concern of area of juridiction.

Dear Saransh,

You  can change it  by way of rectification deed (i.e. your  new name and gender) providedly concern documents will have to be enclosed with the rectification deed i.e Gazette and as far as concerned (how you changed gender on paper or physically changed is not known) if physically changed then medical certificates are also required to be attached with rectification deed.  And for stamp duty, you will have to check with sub-registrar concern of area of juridiction.

Dear Saransh,

Saransh (Executive)     30 June 2012

Will the stamp duty be too much ...ie the same at the time wen i purchased the property?? And can i sell it without changing my name and gender and will attach the related documents ie gazzette and medical documents at the time of selling??

thanks

Saransh (Executive)     30 June 2012

Yes, i have done my srs and i have changed my Gender and name in gazzette of india, pan card, aadhar card and voter's id card. I have a property in old name and gender in chandigarh so i want to ask dat do i have to change the particulars in dat also or can i attach the supporting documents at the time of selling. And wen i applied for gender change in gazzette of india, they kept my original documents , ie doctor's certificate and affidavit. Can i ask dem to return dem? thanks

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register