Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ratan Thakur (rcb)     12 November 2014

Reconciliation stage of divorce

Dear expert members:

Myself and my wife are now separated due to simply some ego issues. My son is with my wife. My wife filed divorce u/s 13 of HMA. We have kid of six years old. I don’t want to break my family. Now the reconciliation stage is over. In this stage the Principal Councilor asked us about the future of this relationship where I told the Principal Councilor that I want reconciliation for my kid and my wife told about her intention of not coming back to her matrimonial home. By that the Principal Councilor gave report to the Judge, Family court that reconciliation is not possible and in the order it was written that both the parties are not interested in reconciliation. But I never showed any disinterest in reconciliation. Next stage of the court is taking evidence which is not started yet. I want to tell that I am not satisfied with the court on the way they finished the reconciliation stage. They did not allow me and my wife to talk privately so that the grievance of her could be sorted out and by that I can save the marriage. Can I make petition now to court to restart the reconciliation or mediation once again so that I can talk to my wife privately. If yes then how this is possible?


 2 Replies

Adv Archana Deshmukh (Practicing Advocate)     12 November 2014

There is no legal hurdle in requesting the court to send the matter for reconciliation again. Also, you can talk to your wife by making efforts out of court.

1 Like

Soman (Dy Manager)     12 November 2014

I had pleaded for an external counselling indicating name and address of 3 counselling centres. The judge was willing but the other advocate vehemently objected.

You may try the same; best of luck.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query