Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Pradeep S (Finance Professional)     25 January 2012

Short cash recd from idbi atm

Dear Respectful Members,

Please tell me a solution to my problem:

on 2nd Dec I withdrew Rs.10,000 from IDBI Bank ATM using ICICI Bank ATM Card, however he machine dispensed only Rs.8,000 but my account debited by Rs.8,000. Follow ups with ICICI Bank did not gave solution, they are saying that IDBI has confirmed that entire Rs.10,000 was correctly dispensed.  I wrote letter to ICICI Bank two times threatening to take legal action if my grievance not solved.  Though 15 days elapsed after my last letter but no response from Bank so far.  I want to take this issue to the appropriate forum, please let me know whether I can file complaint to consumer court to take the matter to Banking ombudsman.  Though i dont want to take unjust enrichment, but i want to have some compensation for the mental agony undergone by me.

Please advice.

Regards

Pradeep

Learning

4 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     25 January 2012

YOu have posted:

"however he machine dispensed only Rs.8,000 but my account debited by Rs.8,000."

If amount dispensed is same as that of debit asmount shown in debit slip, then there should not be any problem.

You can ask for the certified copy of the IDBI bank's confirmation based on which ICICI bank is claiming debit of Rs.10000/-

You can also lodge a complaint with BM of concerned branch of IDBI bank. IDBI bank has to report correctly in this matter.

Pradeep S (Finance Professional)     25 January 2012

Sorry, please read as amount debited by ICICI Bank is Rs.10,000 and not Rs.8,000 i.e. the cash is short by Rs.2,000

icicibankcare (Bank)     31 January 2012

Hi Pradeep,

We are sorry to hear about your experience. Please email us your contact details at care@icicibank.com and we will get back to you at the earliest. Kindly refer '2628977' in the subject line.

Regards,

ICICI Bank Customer Service Team

Satya Narayana Palukuru (Advocates & Mediators.)     01 February 2012

It is nice ICICI is coming forward give a detailed report to find what exactly happend and this will be useful for others too

In form developements pl

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register