LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Re selling of items/products

I am a registred sole propertior having GST regstration done..

I am purchasing items from different sources like wholesale market and online from Amazon/flipkart /snapdeal etc..

my query is --

a. Is it legally allowed to re sale the items purchased ? 

b..If allowed -- warranty of electronic items will begin from date of my bill to consumer or from the bill by which i had made the purchase.

c. If we are making purchase without bill then can we re sell that item with our tax charged bill 

d. for billing purpose-- software is required or a simple format pdf will be sufficient.

Learning

5 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     22 July 2017

Yes you can, and warranty would still be applicable to products you purchase and resell to your customers. However, there are some problems - 

1. As mentioned, warranty would be in your name and at your address. 
2. Products you buy are meant for end-user consumption. Hence, you would not be counted as a business entity associated with the manufacturer the way WS Retail (or other sellers on Flipkart) is. You would be an end-user selling unused goods to other end-users. 
3. Many Flipkart products come with specific barcode stickers on them. Unless you want to manually peel them off, you would have to explain to your customers what these mean. 
4. You would need to get rid of stock within 30 days (WS Retail) or 10 days (all other companies) as that is the replacement guarantee period. Since presumably you cannot open (tamper) packaging prior to selling it to your customer, you cannot know if the product is okay. If you sell after 10/30 days and your customer demands a replacement, replacement would not be accepted by Flipkart. 
5. Some units come pre-loaded with Flipkart software/hardware, and your customers (should you not disclose your source) may be pleasantly or unpleasantly surprised to find such stuff on their products at time of purchase. Same holds for bookmarks provided with books. 
6. Prices of goods on Flipkart vary greatly from time to time, and given the replacement period limitation, you would find yourself making purchases at greatly differing prices, thus forcing you to either adjust your own prices or settle for roller-coaster profit charts. 

Susen Nath   22 July 2017

I think if u have all revalent documents of ur business then the products came from our traditional wholesale market; no problem for weren't you. But for on line it is little different. If there is no such agreement with u to that on line companies then you can not give such type of warenty.

Susen Nath   22 July 2017

I think if u have all revalent documents of ur business then the products came from our traditional wholesale market; no problem for weren't you. But for on line it is little different. If there is no such agreement with u to that on line companies then you can not give such type of warenty.

(Guest)

On purchase of product from amazon which i used to re - sale

i got following instructions on amazon paking box

customer seld decleration :  i mr ramesh hereby confrm that contents of this package are being purchased for my internal and personal purpose and not fir re-sale. i further understand and agree to amazon term n connditins .

now what to do ? cant i re sale the products bought from amazin

(Guest)

QUERY- invoice issued by person , who is not registered under GST,,,Having estimated turnover less than 20 lacs,,,,Can the customer  avail warranty on the basis of invoice issued to him

Is there any difference between invoie issued by registered and non registered vendor in cases of warranty

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register