Re-registration of private vehicle in other state

Dear Experts

I owe one private car registered in Haryana at my permanent address. Now, I have to shift to Karnataka

because of employment reason. This private vehicle is purchased in 2006 and life time Road Tax had 

been paid. Now, running that vehicle in Karnatka, I need to re-register here  and pay Road Tax again

for 15 years on invoice value at 11.5%. Can't a private vehicle run in other state ? However, there may

be a grace period of 6 months or 12 months, but any how this has to be re-registered. This is as per 

MV ACT of State but I feel this is against constitution which says right to work any where in the country

except J&K.

I request you experts to file one PIL in Hon. Supreme Court because doing business or service is fundamental right as per Constitution and secondly, multi-level taxes are against the law. If tax is

already paid in one state, how can other state charge again on invoice value for same period.









Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query
Forensics & Evidence     |    x