LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Arup Chatterjee (Scientist)     14 August 2013


My wife has filed a case aginst me demanding Nullity of Marriage. The marriage lasted for 1 year and  The case is running for last 3 years.

1) Can I marry now? How long should I wait for remarry ? If the case runs for 10 I bound to wait for that 10 years?

2) Can I have affair or physical relation with other woman ? I will marry after the divorce of the first marriage.

3) Can I live together with other woman? What kind of problems may I face if I live together with some other woman?


 4 Replies

Advocate M.Bhadra   14 August 2013

Irrespecting to your three query,I am astonished to find out the process and steps.You should not appear in the suit,in your absence your wife would obtained the decree of annulment of marriage.Then you can get certified of of decree and you can re-marry after 90 days.

Arup Chatterjee (Scientist)     14 August 2013

Thank you M.Bhadra. But after annulment she can demand maintenance from me. I dont want that. moreover this plaint is based on false allegations and byforce of her parents. I dont want to accept those false allegations ... I want to prove those false!

Advocate M.Bhadra   14 August 2013

In the suit for annulment of marriage,there is no question of alimony/maintenance as because marriage is voidable and marriage is not admitted as per provision of laws.


I agree with expert.


Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register