Upgrad LLM

advice regarding payment during notice period


I joined a company in 28 Dec 2009, and sent resignation email on 3rd Feb 2010. After that, I didn't collect my relieving letter, and did not complete leaving formalities. As, I was unwell.

Now, on 29th May, they sent me a registered mail, and asking me to pay 32,000 Rs, for full and final amounnt. And, saying that if I will not pay in 15 days, they will take legal steps.

My ask is that, can I defend my case. Or, what if I send them a reply describing my situation.

Note, I joined my next company in mar. I was not in any company during feb.

What companies do in such cases? Can they file a case against me in court?

Please Help


If you have sent resignation with immediate effect ,then you are liable to tender notice pay as per notice period and notice pay described in your appointment letter.

If you were not well, and were adviced bed rest, you should have submitted sick leave application with medical certificate.If you had informed your superiors verbally, you could have supplied the sick leave application later for approval.You should have conducted yourself properly.The comapnies usually do not tolerate this kind of conduct.

You can explain to company.You may try by supplying copies of sick period record, and request the good offices to waive off the notice pay, and issue you the acceptance of resignation.The company may agree. All depends upon how you follow up.



If any one has notice period problem in IT sector in Bangalore, please contact me as i can get you releived within one week. My services are not free so please dont contact me for free advise. my services are for Bangalore only. jasvinderstar@gmail.com



i am dharmendra kumar and just sent the resingnation letter on 1st june to my company and me  last day is 7th june.

they are saying we will not give me any relieving letter as well as experience letter as i did not serve 30days notice period.they said as per HR policy they will not give any employement document to me.

from 11th of june i have to join the another company.


Please advise what should i do to get my relieving letter as i have spent 3 year there.


Kamal kumar






Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



CrPC MASTERCLASS!     |    x