IBC Code: Complete Overview and Drafting Workshop. Register Now!

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

MJ (Analyst)     25 October 2010

Question on Seperation

This happened in my village. A man and woman got married after two days the girl said she doesn't want to continue the relationship and wants to go to parents home... After talking to the elders of the society with the girls family both got seperated permanently because of adamant nature of the girl. This sepration is not as per court order and my question is  "What would be the implication if someone move to court due to some desperate situation??"


 2 Replies

Suchitra. S (Advocate)     25 October 2010

For all legal purposes they are still husband and wife as they are not declared 'divorced' legally.

Anil (Na)     25 October 2010


Respected lawyers/ Advocates ,

Need your expert advice on my situation please.

My wife and me got married in 2008. It was a love marriage. Everything was going on well until she began to develop a bitter attitude against my family. She never use to mingle with them. I on the contrary used to respect her parents and visit them, go to their family functions etc.

We are blessed with two kids. My wife never gave me the rights as a father over the kids. She would not allow me to take them to my parents place. This has been a bone of contention between us.

Also, she has deserted me post a quarrel we had in Feb 10 and has been staying with her parents. Am not allowed to visit my kids. She is a working women. She is very adamant and tries creating her own rules. She has now submitted a petition for judicial separation under section 13 of family act for cruelty  and am asked to appear before the family court.

Please advice on how best to handle the situation.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads
Follow us Course

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query