LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

chekka balaji   02 November 2017

Purchase of property from deceased persons wife,whose sons are in america and having no will.

Dear Sir, My self Balaji, planning to buy a property. Owner expired 2 years back. the property is still in the name of deceased person. He is having wife staying in Hyderabad and 2 children staying in America. The deceased person has not left any will. What are the legal requirements for purchasing the property. Kindly help to answer my query.


 3 Replies

sudalaimuthu (Advocate)     02 November 2017

all the legal heirs of the original owner have to jointly execute a sale deed to you otherwise on the strength of Power of Attorney from other legal heirs/Sons in your case wife can execute the same.

chekka balaji   02 November 2017

Thank you sir for reply.



k.n.VIJAYAKUMAR   04 November 2017

Sir, a few  more points. Pl find out wether this property is self earned of the deceased man.or this is inherited.

Next , this lady has to first get legar heir certificate from Villge officer/ revenue inspect/ Tasil dhar. this has be vetted by the local court. 

Next you should either a power of attorney in favour of her mother  to sell the property . If they are in USA , they have to get this done attested through the embassy of the country they are living., this power of attorney hasto be registered in the local register office , then only the document will get life.

better go thro a lawyer for the drafts, agreeemnets etc.,




Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query