LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Manimarban   26 February 2024

Purchase a property from the leag heirs

I'm in talk with the legal heirs of a family for purchase of an old house. The elder son of the deceased property owner has acquired power of attorney from his mother, sister and a brother. But he can't get PoA from his another (younger) brother who is an USA citizen. The mentioned brother is now returned to India at present and the other members tried to contact him. But they talk with him directly but they got a reply from his lawyer stating that his not interested to sell the property. The other legal heirs now pushed me to buy the property by paying the share amount of the agreed legal heirs and they further told me that I can pay the share of the younger brother once he approach me. They further told the he can't challenge the sale agreement because he is an American citizen. I got confused now.

Kindly give your opinion on this subject. Can I proceed with agreed legal heirs for registration?

Learning

1 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     27 February 2024

Do not get trapped into this legal dispute.

If one of the shareholders is not willing to sell his share in the property then the other legal heirs cannot sell the entire property.

The greedy people want to make quick buck hence they are inducing you into this illegal transaction

You will be entering into a decade long stretched civil litigation if you listen to their words and purchase, because  it is not only a civil dispute but also a criminal offence

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register