LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ragz hyder (PM)     05 July 2012

Psychologically imblanced wife

I have been married for 3 months or less and my "wife's" behavior has been very bizzare from day 0. after day of marriage she called me into a room saying she is not happy with marraige and saying if a girl is born will you kill her etc. there have soo many incidents and she has walked out of my parents house for no reason. After reading online I believe she is Sociopathic or suffering from Anti social personality disorder

 1.failure to conform to social norms with respect to lawful behaviors as indicated by repeatedly performing acts that are grounds for arrest;
2.deception, as indicated by repeatedly lying, use of aliases, or conning others for personal profit or pleasure;
3.impulsiveness or failure to plan ahead;
4.irritability and aggressiveness, as indicated by repeated physical fights or assaults;
5.reckless disregard for safety of self or others;
6.consistent irresponsibility, as indicated by repeated failure to sustain consistent work behavior or honor financial obligations;
7.lack of remorse, as indicated by being indifferent to or rationalizing having hurt, mistreated, or stolen from another;

Would a psychiatrists certificate be enough?

Should I request some psychometric test?

Her behviors have been very irrational or could be very very calculated as well. I believe that an incurable mental disorder is grounds for divorce/annulment. What would be the steps to prove this? Are schizophrenia/paranoid/psychopathic mental disorders grounds?

I need a good lawyer in Hyderabad.



 3 Replies

Adv.R.P.Chugh (Advocate/Legal Consultant (rpchughadvocatesupremecourt@hotmail.com))     05 July 2012

Dear Raghava, 


Unsoundness of mind or mental disorder is a ground for divorce as well as annulment. A sociopath or schizo is a ground for divorce when it makes living together a practical impossibility. It's a psychopathic disorder which results in abnormally aggressive or seriously irresponsible conduct. 

Medical reports/Expert opinion would go a long way in proving this. 

randomethic (Professional)     06 July 2012

Have all these symptoms been displayed by your wife in the past 3 months? Also, unless you are a qualified psychiatrist, simple reading up on information online is not sufficient information or medical knowledge and experience to make such a judgement.

A psychiatrist would have to meet with her and decide for themselves whether or not she suffers from the disorder. You will not be present when he/she speaks with her and cannot influence the evaluation per your beliefs, as well based in reality as they may be. 

It appears you suspect she might be intentionally behaving this way. Any specific reasons which you might have understood from her, why this could be?

ragz hyder (PM)     06 July 2012

Of course I am not saying I have medical expertise but believe there is enough behvioral evidence to suggest that psychiatric evaluation is needed.

I dont want to influence but also know India doctors could be influenced by the fact that she is a girl, married and other societal considerations etc. so while the assessment can be subjective there also need to be psychometric tests.

What Pyschometric tests are admissible in a court of law? 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register