Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Dharm   21 January 2023

Provess of contested divorce without any solid grounds

Procesmss of contested divorce without any solid ground and time taking for finalizing it.

Can one file contested divorce within 1 year of marriage ?

Can contested divorce be reject ? 

On what parameters it will reject.




 5 Replies

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     21 January 2023

Is it an academic or your problem?

Adv. Mohit Chahal (Advocate)     21 January 2023

Dear Querist

Divorce can be filed either upon mutual consent or upon grounds of divorce as provided under law e.g. Hindu Marriage Act

Under Hindu Marriage Act , No divorce can be filed within 1 year of Marriage.

Divorce petition may be allowed or dismissed as per facts and evidences produced before Court.

Unproven facts are reason for dismissal of Divorce petition.

Mohit Chahal
District & Sessions Court, Hisar
Phone No. 9968911099


Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     22 January 2023

You have not posted any facts and your concern.

If would be appropriate to consult and engage a local prudentl lawyer for appriation of facts, professional advise and necessary proceeeding, if there is some iota of truth in the question paper set by you. 

Shashi Dhara   22 January 2023

Contested may take 1,5,10,--- years to decide ,if it is rejected the aggrieved party can appeal ---

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     22 January 2023

Divorce Petition cannot be filed unless until 1 years has completed of marriage under the Hindu Marriage Act. Meanwhile you have option to file a petition for judicial separation and after completing 1 years you can move an application before Court to convert the judicial separation petition into divorce petition.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query