Civil Procedure Code (CPC)


Is the land property handed over to elder son(my elder brother) by my live father without any consult to the smaller son (me) ? If no, then what can I do to find this property, please reply.

Good Afternoon,

if property is individual capacity then father handed oven any son. 



if The property is self acquired by your father by his own saving and effort then he need not discuss or seeking permission to any one. He can give to any one. state the facts clearly for further suggestions .

Total likes : 1 times


What is the document executed by your father to handover the property to your brother ?

Whether the subject property is your father's self-acquired or ancestral ?

Incomplete and vague facts posted cannot lead to form proper opinion and oblige.

Consult and engage a local prudent lawyer for appreciation of facts/ documents, professional advise and necessary proceeding.

Retired Manager

Did your father execute a document like Gift Deed in favour of your Brother or any other document through which the property was given to him?

Whether the said property is

a. Self-acquired property

b. Ancestral property

c. Property through settlement deed.

Retired employee.

First, have clarity on the issue: In whose name the property stands in the title deed?  What do you mean "handing over:  Why you think that your father should consult his younger son while handing the property to his eldest son?

If the property belongs to the father and is self-acquired, during his lifetime, he can transfer the property through a legal document like a gift deed and he need not consult anyone for giving his property to anyone he wishes.


"the land property handed over to elder son(my elder brother)" - How - what is the document executed? What is the nature of the document - ancestral or self acquired?



You did not reply relevant questions raised.

It is appropriate to consult and engage a local prudent lawyer for appreciation of facts, professional advise and necessary proceeding.


If your father has transferred his property by a registered deed to his son or to any person of his choice with regard to the property which is his own and absolute property, there is no legal infirmity in it.

As far as you or anyone is concerned to the property, you are a third person hence you do not have any rights or interest in the property, therefore you cannot claim any share in the property as a right neither you can raise any objection to your father's act of transferring the property to his elder son alone.





Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query
Civil Litigation Course     |    x