LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

balaji   29 January 2015

Property share for wife

HI, i want to know how the court will calculate the percentage share in my ancestor property which is in dispute and my share approx(7L) also in inherited property which me,my mother and my brother also have share. whether the court will calculate the value as per goverment rate or real estate rate? please help me in this


 5 Replies

Adv. Nikhil Seth (legal consultant (9867264707))     29 January 2015

Law is based on share wise like 1/2 , 1/3 , 1/4  .






balaji   29 January 2015

thanks nikhil

could you please some more details on how much percentage share i have to give also anyway to save it.

Adv. Nikhil Seth (legal consultant (9867264707))     29 January 2015

It depends whether your father died making will or without will .

If without will than equal share to all .

Regards ,



balaji   29 January 2015

Thanks nikhil sorry i am asking about my wife's share while divorce in all my properties in my name,ancestoral,inherited property

rising up again (FFF)     30 January 2015

as of now...the WIFE DOES NOT HAVE ANY SHARE IN ANY PROPERTY......!!!!! so, relax....


All the court can do is....calculate your wealth and decide on the maintenance amount that you may have to give to your wife.....after divorce... and if she is earning, then even that makes you give her ZERO or very less maintenance amount... every month. 

To avoid this also....file minimum income tax, do not invest anything in your name and get rid of all bank FD's / investments...etc etc.. Show in court that you are not even earning good and are so broke that you cannot even give Rs. 5,000 per month to your dear wife...  



Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads