LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Gururaj Shivananda   23 September 2022

Property rights

My great grandfather purchased agriculture land from x in 1930s.\nGreat grand father passed away in 1940s intestate.

The land passed on to my grandfather.My grand father passed away intestate in 1970s and pahani and katha was transferred to my grandmother name as she lived in the village.

My grand mother passed away in early 2000 intestate and pahani/katha was transferred to my father and uncle.

My grand father had 3 children. 2 Sons (my father and elder brother) and one daughter Sheela (elder sister of my father)My grand father's daughter(my aunt) Sheela had daughter Radha.

My aunt Sheela & her daughter Radha died around 2010. They did not stake claim in share of property.

Radha has daughter Sudha, who is alive. In 2021 we did a partition deed among me and my cousins(father elderbrother children). Sudha was not included in the partition. Sudha is the fifth generation from my great grand father who purchased agriculture land. Does she have rights in property?

Learning

1 Replies

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     23 September 2022

No.  Sudha has no right over the ancestral property as she is a 5th generation heir.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register