LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

RKKhanapure (Health Worker)     19 May 2013

Property inheritance for caring a father

My father is ill and mentally incompetant due to prolonged illness in India. He is in a nursing home/ hospital being supervised by my 2 brothers who stay in India. He is not fit to come to Canada and neither my work committments allow that flexibility; but do keep in touch with his doctors and hospital in India. His all expenses are paid from his and (his wife's who is expired more than 3 years ago) pension.

Can the 2 brothers put claim on his property after his demise just because they had looked after him? We believe they do not have any documents as will or POA. His expenses are fully covered by his pension, which is controlled by 2 brothers. 

Your opinion will be apprecaited. Best Regards, Ranjan

Learning

1 Replies

Manpreet Singh Sood (Managing Partner)     19 May 2013

Since ur father is mentally ill he is not legally competent to make will or attorney.

UR uncles can only sue u for the cost of treatment if there is any shortfall from making deductions fom ur father's  pension.

U can contact as required by u to futher safe guard ur porerty and we will advice u to make safeguards agauinst ur uncle not taking property mapreet1961@gmail.com ,+91 9417245693

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register