LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Divorcee (NA)     09 June 2013

Property dispute in divorce

Hello experts, I am married for 3 years with a working wife. She earns an equa salary as me. We are headed for a divorce now as she wants me to break all connections with my parents. We have moved out to a separate place now. But hasnt helped much. I have a flat purchased prior to marriage jointly with my father where we all were satying together befor I moved out one month ago. In the event of divorce, do I need to give a share in the flat to my wife? Firstly, do I need to give any maintenance to my wife if she is earning same as me. Your thoughts on this would be appreciated.


 1 Replies

ajay sethi (lawyer)     09 June 2013

1) you have stated that your wife is well qualified and earning a good salary which is equivalent to your salary . she would not be netitled to maintenance .

2) you have stated that although you have moved out of parental accomodation situation has improved . in such a case better file for divorce by mutual consent . draw consent terms settle all issues .

3)if you are a joint co owner of flat your wife under Dv act can claim right to stay in shared household . she cannot claim any ownership rights of said flat

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query