LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Nakshtra IN (Engineer)     21 October 2011

Property dispute

Hello All,


I want to discuss here a problem my family is undegoing.

25 years back from now my parents bought a plot from their friend(Payment made in cash only),& they sold it to some muslim person,He had built some Dharamshala there, Now an another person(he is muslim too) has sent a legal notice(after 25 yrs) to us that that land belongs to him(he said he is also having legal papers) & we dint have any right to sell it.

I am worried about my parents, what will happen if anything goes against us???


 1 Replies

sridhar pasumarthy (ADVOCATE)     21 October 2011

Dear Nakshtra,

First of all, send a notice through advocate requiring him to send all the copies of the documents which he has to prove his title and then come to a conclusion whether he has any better right or title than you have over the property.  Till then, you need not worry.

Generally, if a person has been in possession of a immovable property continuously for a period of 12 years to the knowledge of the real owner, he will get title which is called as Adversary Possession in legal terminology.  So, don't worry without verifying their documents.  All the best.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads