LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

venugopal (sr manager)     02 October 2014

Property dispute

I and my brother bought a plot jointly ,and took loan in bank jointly . now he is refusing to pay the EMI to bank. and now he is telling i don't want the property . now i am only paying the EMI. pls suggest me how to solve this problem legally. EMI amount is huge thus i can't  pay the amount alone.


 1 Replies

Sandeep Naik (Advocate)     02 October 2014

That's so simple!

You can send him legal notice to warn him that if he don't start paying instalments within the period prescribed in the notice, then you will be constrained to initiate proper legal proceedings against him. He cannot stop paying his contribution of instalments on the ground of lack of necessity, you can rightfully compel him to pay his share of instalments, in that case he will also have to pay arrears of the instalments you paid instead of him.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register