LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Leena VM (none)     04 November 2014

Property case

In Gujarat, My father transferred our house to my name in 1981 based on my grandfather's WILL dated 1971. WILL was not probated in 1981 (grandfather's death) and no one complained.

I am a NRI.

I have been paying property tax since then and  Title (Akarni register in Gram Panchayat) is on my name. The property has been used for special occasions otherwise it is empty.

Recently my brother took the possession on the property and filed a suit against me to get 50%. I need to know what to do to get my property back. I have been told that in India, there is nothing much you can do if other person has possession. The person also has political contacts.

I am sure that there is a justice for honest person so can someone tell me what to do now.?

Learning

3 Replies

Baskar Govindaraj (advocate)     04 November 2014

Very simple you may ask counter claim to delivery of possession of property in your written statement the court will decide that which claim is right if you want any clarification pls contact my phone 9944752944

Baskar Govindaraj (advocate)     04 November 2014

Very simple you may ask counter claim to delivery of possession of property in your written statement the court will decide that which claim is right if you want any clarification pls contact my phone 9944752944

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     06 November 2014

@ Baskar Govindaraj: kindly avoid soliciting business through such public forums, it is against the forum's condition as well as unethical and also violation of law as per Advocates act.  You can give opinion, if the querist are contacting you seeing your opinion you can go ahead with your professional standard and requirement in private.

@ querist:  your same question under a different subject was very well addressed, please do not repeat the query in another thread, if you have further doubts, you can post them in the same thread.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register