LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

amar (partner)     26 April 2021

Professional tax

I had registered a new proprietary firm few years back and had registered with professional tax department in Ahmedabad. Unfortunately, due to some reasons, I was unable to start the business. I had rented a commercial office that time whose address I had submitted to P.tax department that time. Since I had not started the business, I vacated the office. I completely forgot to inform P.tax department. They have been sending P.tax notices since than to that address which K came to know recently. The amount which has accrued is huge now including panelties and interest. What should I do now. Do I have to pay entire amount or nothing at all, since I never started the business. Please guide. Thanks

Learning

2 Replies

Hemant Agarwal (ha21@rediffmail.com Mumbai : 9820174108)     26 April 2021

1. File Appeal before the Commissioner of Profession Tax, with all relevant documents and evidences, relating to what you have stated herein.  AND request to waive off or withdraw the Notices, based on above (non commencement of business etc....)

Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal 
VISIT:  www.chshelpforum.com

amar (partner)     26 April 2021

Thank you Hemantbhai for your valuable advise. Will do the needful as suggested by you. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register