Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Procedure to change the DOB in birth certificate

Page no : 3

Manan Parmar   03 November 2020

In my all documents the birthdate is same. Also in my birth certificate the birthdate is same. But in government book my birthdate is different. My current birth certificate is in GUJARATI and i want it in ENGLISH but officer says that he can give the certificate as per government book not as per current birth certificate which is in gujarati. So what should i do? 

sneha jaiswal   24 April 2021

Hello, Greetings of the day!

Get sworn an affidavit before concern executive magistrate regarding an original birth date and thereafter submit the said affidavit to the Birth and Death Registrar of your locality and he will issue another birth certificate. if he denied the same then file a misc. case before the executive magistrate and the learned executive Magistrate after proper inquiry he will pass direction for issuance of new birth certificate to the Birth and Death Registrar. Date of birth can be altered only by the Revenue Divisional Officer after conducting an enquiry. You have to approach the RDO having jurisdiction of your area. There is a format and you have to fill and hand over the same. If you have any difficulty in approaching the Revenue authorities, please contact the P.A. General of the Collector of your District. He will identify the authorities. You have to given representation with the help of a lawyer to the concerned school and education board and even thereafter they did not help to change date of birth in school certificate and you have to file writ petition before the high court and get your school education certificate corrected.

Hope it helps

Regards,

Sneha Jaiswal

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register