IBC Code: Complete Overview and Drafting Workshop. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

JAGADEESH GOVIND (ADVOCATE)     13 November 2009

Procedure for signing an agreement abroad

Dear Sir,

Mr.A want to execute a license deed to Mr.B for his property situated in India.Mr.A is a NRI residing abroad and Mr.B is a native Indian.

What are procedures/requirements needed for execting a deed aborad for the transaction of property in india.

Kindly Advice..

Thanks and Regards,




 2 Replies

S. Bharath (Advocate and Arbitrator Formerly Civil Judge)     29 November 2009

Is the Agreement intended to be registered?

Smita_L01042008 (student)     29 December 2009

1. the NRI person has to come to India and reserve one day for registration and signing documents.

2. if it is not possible he can have his attorney by giving power of attorney to a person who can manage to sign documents and regstration of property on his hehalf.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query