Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sudarshan Nair (Computer Engineer)     08 June 2010

Problems with Relieviing letter

Dear Forum Members,

I am Software Engineer working in a well known MNC in Bangalore. I working in this company from 4.6 years till date.

Now I got a job in Cental Government (PSU) in Bangalore. I have resigned from the company, my resigation is accepted and my last working day is 21st June 2010. I am suppose to joing my new govt job on 23rd of June 2010.

The problem is that my current employer is saying that t will only give me a relieving letter after 1 month of my last working date i.e 21st July 2010.

I cannot joing govt job without the relieving letter.

One of my friend is also having the same issue. He has already left the company and he has not got his reliving letter from 2 months now.  He is not able to joing the other company because of this delay.

My Question is that:

1) What should I do know?

2) Can We legally go to court to get it as soon as possble?

3) What is the approximate expenses and time duration for this kind of case?

4) Can I expect any componsation?

5) Can I get a good lawyer in Bangalore for filing a case against my employer?

Please reply for this post with your valuable sugestions as I am desperately waiting for my reliving letter and I do not want to loose a govt job because of my company delay in

Sudarshan

Learning

2 Replies

Daksh (Student)     08 June 2010

Mr.Nair,

The solution to your problem is two fold. One see the Model standing orders of the organization and secondly try to have a word with the HR as to on what basis the delay of relieving letter is being made.  Even it is a policy then ask them to write down which will suffice with your prospective employer.

Best Regards

Daksh

Sudarshan Nair (Computer Engineer)     08 June 2010

Hi Daksh,

Thanks a lot for your reply!

I will talk to the Senior HR on this. Dont know on what basis they are making us to wait for a month.

There no clause in Offer letter stating that I would be given relieving letter after one month from last working day.

Many of my friends who left the company could not join the other companies because of this.

Also couple of my friends are planning to file a case against this policy.

Please suggest the possible chances of winning this through leagal procedures.

Once again..............appriciate your help!

Sudarshan

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register