LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Shweta (T)     12 August 2010

Problems created in teaching job

i m a primary teacher in a delhi school. my seniors reported to primary incharge that my performnce is not good even though i work very hard here. and parents complained that i m bad to kids...which is again not true as i am extremely loving to children....sometimes teacher is little strict and has to scold that is crucial for discipline otherwise seniors complain that children are indisciplined.so pressure is from all corners. but parents exaggerated as if i m very unkind to them.

all teachers are very strict and some also use personal remarks for them.but only i was made the target,overlooking my loving & compassionate attitude. based on these so called complaints i was asked to resign today even though i m just 3 and a half months old here and i was asked to submit resignation

in appt. letter it was also written that if there is termination of my service or resignation from me,a notice period of 15 days will be there....other than this letter i did not get any other material to read like the terms and conditions upon joing this job.and i just signed this appt. letter

... i got employed here on contractual basis (1 yr. contract period).consolidated pay is of 16,000/- monthly.it's not the govt pay scale also. i want to know,as per rules ,can they ask me to resign like this?what can i do for my rights?can i be asked to resign based on above complaints that are exaggerated?. please advise as i m a needy girl,separated from husband…my dad is retired and only my mother(a teacher) is supporting us..

Learning

2 Replies

H. S. Thukral (Lawyer)     12 August 2010

The options before you are either to resign or get sacked by the management. In the former case you can not take recourse to any legal action as your quiting the job is voluntary but if they sack you, you have a remedy under Delhi School Education Act and Rules. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register