LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vijay Sai   22 December 2019

problem with tenant

sir the tenant whom we have given our flat one and half year ago has filed a case on us when we asked him to evict the premises for our need and given 2 and half months of time to evict.he has changed the entire story in the affidavit he produced to court stating that we have doubled the rent and when he refused we have asked him to evict he has claimed for half the rent of which he used to pay earlier i.e., if the original rent he had paid for one year is for example 10000 he has told to court that it is only 5000.though we have followed the process and given him 2 and half months of ample time also we have to face this kind of situation kindly help us


 4 Replies

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     22 December 2019

Is there any valid written rent agreement ? If so, the terms and conditions of the same shall prevail.

It is advisable to consult and engage a local prudent lawyer for better appreciation of facts/documents, professional guidance and proceeding.

However, if you are located in Delhi and feel so, may contact me with relevant records (on appointment) at: Chamber No 647, Lawyer's Chamber Block, Dwarka Courts Complex, Sector 10, Dwarka, New Delhi-110075 Cell # + 91 98911 52939 email: majjagdish@yahoo.com or visit: vakil-saab.com

1 Like

Kishor Mehta (CEO)     22 December 2019

It depends on the terms of the registered agreement and the relevant rental laws of your residential state. Consult an advocate in your own interests.
1 Like

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     22 December 2019

All tenants are not that human, and all landlords are not that kind, the vicious struggle continues without empathy on both sides.  Now that you have been involved in a legal struggle, the only way is engaging a competent advocate to defend, cursing your fortune for these unintended litigation when you wanted to live in your own house.  Or meet some those who can help in evicting, make a compromise and use all the chaturvidha vupaya to evict him out, if you are financially sound and can face further consequences.

1 Like

P. Venu (Advocate)     28 December 2019

You can place your version of the facts before the Court through the Written Statement and adduce evidence to prove the same during trial.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register