LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ankit kaul   25 January 2017

Private money lending and threatning.

Hi, I want advice regading private money lending. I had borrowed 6lac rupees from a friend in 2015, sep. He said u have to repay with 20% monthly interest. I accepted since I was likely to get a bank loan cleared in sometime. No contract was made. He gave me cash and took a blank cheque. Subsequently my bank loan disnt go through I suffered a car accident and my business (reataurant) closed down. I paid 2 lac ruppes as interest for 8 months and then futher paid small amounts, so far have paid 21 lacs and still the person is asking for 20lacs. He is threating me and my family. I dont know what to do, please advise urgently.

Learning

2 Replies

Adv. Yogen Kakade (+ 91 9225510883)     25 January 2017

Hi,

I am really surprised to see such transaction. Firstly, stop calling this guy as your friend. Secondly, paying the amount of six laks by cash itself illegal.

Further to note that, he does not have any authority to charge this huge amount of interest. And if he is threatening you as you said, then file a police complaint against him.

Rather take an advise of a good lawyer and recover your excess amount from which you have paid for no reason.

Adv. Yogen Kakade

Jurycon Incorporation (Advocates & Consultants)
Email: juryconincorporation@gmail.com
Web: www.juryconn.in   Phone: 020-65248888 / 09225510883

Ankit kaul   25 January 2017

Thank you mr kakade. Will get in touch shortly.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register