Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rahul (n/a)     11 May 2011

Preventing brother-in-law to capture my home

Hi everyone,

my problem is quite complicated.

I own a house and I am residing in it with my wife and mother.

My brother-in-law living in same city getting financial problems. so, his eyes are on my house.

He and my sister are using my mother against us. she abuse us everyday and create a lot of problems.

I got to know from a source that my brother-in-law and my sister want us to vacate our home, so that they can capture it .

Mother's abusing and other things which she use to irritate us are unbearable now.

Problem is, I am a retired person and I have only this house in name of property. If I leave my house, I will lose only property I have.

My mother is on pension of Rs 5000/month. and she is 78 years old.

I made the house in 90s and my father, mother was living here for 15 years. I came two years back just to face problems by my own mother.

so, what can I do in this situation. please advice me.

House is on my name.

thanks in advance.

Learning

4 Replies

Ashok Yadav (Lawyer)     11 May 2011

If the house is in your name then how they can capture it. You will have to live with your mother. Try to solvethe problem with negotiation with your mother, if u r on right part how she can abuse you. Try to make her understand, things will be better, no one can capture your house without your will.

V. VASUDEVAN (LEGAL COUNSEL)     11 May 2011

This is not a legal hassle. As rightly pointed out my Adv.Yadva. However, this being an emotional issue, needs to understand your mother's inner desire - usually mothers look forward to supporing the daughter's life. However stricking balance is most important and if the house was built of your whole efforts and finance, you need to be firm while dealing with your mother with due care and patience.

vasudevan

Rahul (n/a)     11 May 2011

hello sir,

I am trying for last 11/2 year. she is not understanding. even becoming more and more abusive day by day.

my wife is a psychiatric patient. she is also having a tough time dealing with her.

thanks

Sandeep Bhargava (Advocate & Notary)     12 May 2011

The problem of your family, no persom by law can get your house vacated by you

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register