Negotiable Instruments: Exhaustive Coverage by Adv Roma Bhagat. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

HARSH SHARMA (SERVICE)     12 November 2011

Power of attorney to give flat on rent

I am the owner of a 1 BHK flat in Thane, Mumbai.
I wish to give the said flat on rent. since i have not found any tenant yet, and since i am scheduled to go out of India for a period of 4-5 months, i wish to be guided on the following :

1) can i give a power of attorney to my wife w.r.t to said flat ONLY to the extent that she can sign on my behalf on leave & licence or rental agreements ?
2) will any such PoA create her interest in the said property ?
3) what will be the procedure to revoke such a PoA if at all needed in the future ?

Thanks n Regards



 5 Replies

(Guest) won't create any interest in her favor.

Advocate Vishnu (Advocate)     13 November 2011

Dear Harsh sharma,

You can execute a special / specific power of attorney mentioning the period of your leave and reason for your non availability ( your case 4-5 months) , so that the instrument becomes invalid after that period.

You can always go back to the notary before who you had created the power of attorney and get it revoked which will be entered in his register.

Rajesh Hazra (Mediator and Legal Counsel )     13 November 2011

Dear Mr.Harsh Sharma,

Execute a special power of Attorney for your wife specified with the functions you prefer her to do in your absence.

Go before the Notary and ececute that on a Stamp Paper.

Give the period of time you want the Special Power of Attorney to be effective.

If at all you need to revoke the same you can make a local paper advertisement.


RAJIV BHASIN (ADVOCATE) (Bhasin Legal Consultants(SOLICITORS & ADVOCATES) 9811210505)     14 November 2011

Dear Harsh,

I agree with Rajesh and Vish.



Rajiv Bhasin


Bhasin & Associates

9811210505, 9868635640

Vinod Kumar Mishra   30 May 2018

Please suggest how can i give power of attorney to my wife so that she can only give the house on rent and enjoy the monthly rent too. So that the rent erned through my house should not be considered undered my income and ultimately taxable through my account.

Please suggest.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register