LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

kalpana (Home Maker)     16 July 2012

Power of attorney

Respected Advocates

       My Dad is Ex-serviceman and got Retired and having four and half cent land in coimbatore (two n half cent as house and two cent as land), my mum n father n my brother are living in house and  We are three Kids,im the third daughter  ,one son and two daughters myself n my sister got married and without my knowledge my dad gave power of attorney for my sister to build house in two cents ,in that power of attorney ,my sister wrongly added all the rights as to build n to sale etc ,without knowing this my dad also put signed

        When my sister starts construct the house , my dad told that you must give one cent land amount to your sister (myself) when she needs bcoz my dad plans to give one cent land to myself and one cent to my sister ,then when im  knowing this matter i asked cash to my sister but now she is not READY to give cash to me and she finished constructing house also and my sister telling that you dont have rights to talk to me and dont have rights to get cash from me and talking too much bad wordsand telling that you ask to your dad, i asked to my dad regarding this and he too asked to my sister for cash but she is not giving cash ,my dad cant able to do anything ,My sister not caring my dad words also

       My friend told that my sister planning to register his name for two cents , i dont know what to do , pls Lawyers can any one suggest me what can i do and

  1. How can i get cash from my sister for one cent ?
  2. How can my dad cancel the power of attorney (given to sister) ?
  3. How can i punish my sister for cheating my dad ?
  4. How can i punish her for talking bad words to me ? 

Contact details:

Name : Kalpana

Contact Mail id:

Waiting for your reply with lot of pains in my heart



 4 Replies

Bharatkumar (ADVOCATE )     16 July 2012

First your father revoke a Power Of Attorney, Second if he give a PoA to your sister then your sister is not owner of this land and she is not start construction without permission of Concern Authority so it plan is not pass by concern Authority at that time u give a application for that. Your father give only PoA not sale 2 cent land and not give possession on this 2 cent land so your father can file a suit  against her daughter.

1 Like

S Jadhav 98336 98330 (Jadhav & Associates)     16 July 2012

Dear Sister,


Please check the Power of Attorney. Any PoA referring to transfer of rights related to immovable property has to be registered after paying appropriate stamp duty. I feel this has not been done by your father and your sister. Hence that PoA may be unenforceable.

Your father can revoke the PoA and then can transfer as much land as he wants to you. This may be adequate punishment for her deeds.

Since it is a family matter, my advice for you would be to forgive and forget or settle the matter within the family itself. Else for your other queries you may have to go to court and prove the deeds of your sister which may be difficult as well as not worth the efforts, time and money.

S Jadhav

1 Like

kalpana (Home Maker)     18 July 2012

Respected Mr.Bharat kumar and Mr.Jadhav ,Thanks for your reply

           1.Can i put stay order on my sister (2cent) building bcoz without giving cash to me , she left her house for lease n enjoying the cash .

          2.Can i put cash on my sister as he cheated my father n got Power of attorney

         3.My sister planning to go to abroad on jan 2013 ,if she goes to abroad then i cant able to get cash from her ,how can i lock her in india pls suggest me ,she is selfish not bothering about others then how can i think he is my sister , i need to teach lesson for her ,pls advocates help me


    waiting for your valuable reply and suggestions


Bharatkumar (ADVOCATE )     18 July 2012


First u check government records and check wiho is the owner of this property. As per POA not transfer this property in your sister name and she is not start construction without permission of your father and concern authority. This is your family matter so u can solve this matter without any legal action but if yur sister is not agree with u then u and your father do legal action against her. Who is OWNER it's very important so first u check all documents of this property then meet local lawyer. if u send / attach COPY OF POA then i see and give reply.  

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query