LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Raghav   12 July 2022

Power of attorney

My sister stays in USA , she is in India for holidays as of now , i have few properties on my father's name who passed away last year, of which i have to transfer it on my name which i will be doing at a later stage. As my sister being a legal heir has to sign on those property documents when i change them on my name at sub -registar office  ,  in her absence can she sign a POA or SPOA or GPOA .so that on her behalf can POA sign on that document.
Which one should i get it done before she flies back to USA. Kindly help me out. And i would like to know am i legally right in doing so or do i need to get some other document.

Learning

5 Replies

kishore kumar   12 July 2022

she can give" Haq Tyag " in Favour of you.. NOC she can give, POA between blood relation will do, all procedure can be done at respective Sub registrar office , with witness and legal heir.

SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Advocate)     12 July 2022

Hello,

You have to get a legal heirship certificate from the court. Thereafter your sister can release her share in your father's property in your name. Later on, Your sister can execute a POA in your name to transfer the property in your name. 

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     12 July 2022

You can obtain a family member's certificate from your father.  If there are other legal heirs of your father i.e. mother, you and your sister, and other siblings if any, all the other legal heirs including your sister who is in the USA shall release their rights over the property of your father in your favour.  Then POA is not necessary as she releases her rights over the property.

Advocate Bhartesh goyal (advocate)     13 July 2022

Yes, your sister can execute either POA  to sell the properties or Relinquish Deed in favour of you.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     13 July 2022

Contact a local advocate, get a draft of the family settlement deed and get it registered which insulates your rights on the property.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register