Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

LALA (R&D Engineer)     02 November 2011

Possession of house after fault-divorce

Hello Friends, 

My wife is cheating on me. I have come to know about it. She is committting adultery.

We both, me and my wife, have bought a house together when we were in our hay days. Now I am sure she will not let go of it easily. And even when she is the one committing adultery, she will still try some tricks to take the house from me. I cant afford to loose my house.

Now my query is, 

How can I stop my wife from getting the house?

Will proving her adultery, help me in this regard?

My belief is since I still wanted to carry on the relationship and I should be atleast alllowed the house. Moreover she may soon marry the guy with whom she is having fun already. So I guess my right to the house will be more.

Please help.

Learning

3 Replies

Hari Om Maheshwari (C.A.)     02 November 2011

First, how the house purchase was financed ? who contributed what ? Do U HV any evidence ?

Second, question of her wife marrying the other guy comes only after she gets divroce which she has not yet filed. Moreover, you too want to continue relationship with her so why would she seek divorce and risk loosing the property ?

Prateek Yadav (Lawyer)     03 November 2011

how can u have the house ??? if both of u have contributed for buying that house....her share will not get dissolved...

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     03 November 2011

Rightly stated, no matter what are the reasons her share in the property won't get resolved. 

When you had doubts why did you purchase property in her name.

Regarding adulltery what proofs do you have? Consult someone well versed to know whether material which you have is sufficient for filing divorce or not.

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor
harassed.by.498a@gmail.com

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register