Police Protection while leaving parent's home

Hi, I am a 25 year old male guy ,unmarried ,working and financially independent. Ever since childhood I have been a good student and good habits.
My mom had a secret relationship with a guy and at that time I supported them because Dad was behaving rudely and was bad. I thought they were right and always listened to them. Sometimes faced emotional torture and blackmail but controlled them. I also have stress issues and heart issues and they are giving me a lot of stress all the time.
I always supported them in every matter.

Recently, I told them that I have a girlfriend. She is a good person and no bad habits with good family, much better than ours. But they started behaving wierd for many months and they are not accepting it. They are also blackmailing me with false accusations and threatenings to me that they will take action. This is the same thing they did to my Dad who is no more and my brother who is thrown out of house.

But now I have decided to move out of the house but they are threatening me and they might make big drama or even kill me. I kept quiet all these years because my mom has arthritis but now I came to know that even my mom is behaving like him. They are very smart in terms of law and can put false accusations like my mom is 56 years with arthritis or some property issue blame. I don't even have proof of their emotional blackmail also.

I would really require someone to be there with me when I move out of the house to protect me. I might even die due to this amount of stress and heart issue , if I don't move out.
I don't want to take action against them because they took care of me but I will take action if they take false actions on me. I just want to safely move out of my parent's house with my belongings and maybe later they might understand me and my feelings.

Can you please let me the legal steps for moving out with my belongings and if police can be available to be there for 1 hour till I am gone?
Practising Advocate

You are a major you can move where ever you want. Just call the police if they obstruct you when you are moving out. Also for additional safety arrange your friends and also local elders at the time of moving.


They will surely obstruct me and I am very sure of it and they will also make sure I can't call police if they come to know that I am leaving home.
I am planning to stay in a budget hotel for 2 days and then rent a pg or 1bhk later. But I can only do that if I can leave with my belongings for work peacefully and safely. So Don't want to trouble my friends in this covid situation. My mom made sure I have no contact with relatives also.
If I call the police, what do I have to tell them ? Is there anything section I need to tell them or will they be available for 1 hour , so that I can move out safely? I really don't feel safe.
Practising Advocate

You may call police emergency number if you are in trouble. You can explain the problem to them but they cannot stay there for one hour as the police will not interfere in your personal problems. Only they will interfere if some uses coercive steps against you. 

Plan for the situation and leave when no body except your mom is there at home.

You can shift the things one by one without giving any hint to them that you are leaving.

Better take some ones assistance at least to inform the police if you are confined by your mom when you shift.

Mail me on balu0909@gmail.com as we cannot discuss everything in this Platforrm.




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query
Muslim Personal Law     |    x