LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Pearl (Ms)     26 June 2011

POA - Property sale

Dear Sir/Madam,

I wish to sell my land in Kerala, but I am living aboard. A friend has suggested giving a lawyer (unknown to me) Power of Attorney.

My question is can I keep the original deed documentation with me and release only on final payment once land is sold. Lawyer will have photocopies of all.

Thanking you in advance.



 4 Replies

A V Vishal (Advocate)     26 June 2011

It is better to give a POA to a known and trusted close relative than a unknown face.

Pearl (Ms)     26 June 2011

Dear A V Vishal,

Agree with what you said, but unfortunately not an option for me.

Can you advise on my question as mentioned in original message?



Sajeev Menon (Legal Consultant Dubai 00971 508836442)     26 June 2011

Dear Pearl,


Please be noted that you cant assign the title of your property without executing the title deed and you cant trust to execute the title deed till you receive the full consideration. This is advisable to find a suitable person as POA holder to execute the document on your behalf. Dont be cheated while finding the suitable person and make sure that the POA is for that special purpose only. You have to hand over all the original documents to the lawyer / document writer including title deed, tax receipt, EC certificate, etc to prepare the deed.

1 Like

Pearl (Ms)     27 June 2011

Dear Sajeev,

Thank you for your reply, you have made it clear for me.




Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads


Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query