Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Plz help...On verge of nervous breakdown

plz help me. i am very depressed and on the verge of a nervous breakdown

I am female hindu.

DV case in court since 1 yr.i m deserted by NRI hubby since 3.5 yrs.

judge always gives very long dates.the other party also takes advantage by pretending of illness,their lawyer on leave etc to delay so that i get ready to settle for the less amount of money they want to pay even though i suffered barbaric torture at their hands.

they enjoy their lives fully always laughing and my life is going nowhere.people advise me to look for job and not go to courts. then what is the use of courts if offenders go unpunished?...

in a country like india jobs are so tough to get plus i have already crossed 30.then i have no job experience.
but no one understands a woman's problem,how unsettled her life gets due to separation and domestic violence.in many socail gatherings i cant go as my parents dont want people to know that i am living here.then remarriage after 30 is also hard....it takes time...and people in india treat women as cows.since i m above 30,so child bearing age is also gone.

do judges have no heart that they always give v.long dates?cant they see through the scheming and cunning nature of inlaws and husband who always give excuses to drag a simple case that can be disposed off in months....in all this litigant suffers the most.

1. how can i ensure that i get very short dates now and their excuses are no more heard.

2. why cant indian laws be strict to deal with erring parties & their corrupt lawyers?its easy to say that after a divorce we get a new life.but its not so easy esp. for a girl who is already suffering a lot and dying each day.all i want is speedy justice and compensation plus rightful maintenance so that they regret their misdoings...but no one is bothered in this defective indian judiciary.

3. plz tell me if are any judgements by SC/HC that gives the victim the rite of speedy litigation,irrespective of whataever means the other party adopts to prolong litigation...please give me the specific link of all these judgements...

4. can i also ask for compensation on the ground that they purposely wasted my time to pressurise me for low amount of settlement?

thank u

Learning

3 Replies

Suchitra. S (Advocate)     20 February 2010

I know DV cases has to be decided as early as possible. I donot knwo why this delay. I hope any Learned members would answer.

Kiran Kumar (Lawyer)     20 February 2010

approach High Court by way of appropriate petition to get the matter decided in a time bound manner.

there is a 2005 SC judgment titled Salem Bar Association Case....consult ur local lawyer and file the petition.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More