LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Harassed Hunsband (prop)     07 July 2013

Please Please do guide me

The maintainence is in my favour at the high court. Now have to proceed with divorce.


 since the filing of maintainence at high cout by my wife..... there was two date in between at the fmaily court.....


On first date my wife gave application for next date as the matter is in high court for maintainence, on 2 nd date I requested for the next date.


Now the decision for maintainence is given in high court.....


can we still take a next date in family court which is coming in next 15 days time...... as we are not prepared.....


Also can anybody tell me what can be the usual charges for lawyer for fighting divorce matter in family court........... My lawyer is demanding high price..... I feel I need to change the lawyer......


Is it adviseable to change the lawyer.....?


 7 Replies

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     07 July 2013

what is the case where are teh details

Harassed Hunsband (prop)     07 July 2013

Can I take the date in family court on my next date which is after 15 days...?


I have filed for non-consumatuion and curelty....


Adv Archana Deshmukh (Practicing Advocate)     07 July 2013

You can give suitable reason and seek adjournment.

1 Like

Harassed Hunsband (prop)     07 July 2013

Thank yu for th reply....


What is the difference in taking a next date or Adjournment....

Harassed Hunsband (prop)     07 July 2013

Will it irritate the family court.....?


its the date after high court decision on maintainence...... on 18 june....

Adv Archana Deshmukh (Practicing Advocate)     07 July 2013


1 Like

Adv Archana Deshmukh (Practicing Advocate)     07 July 2013

Whether it will irritate the court or not depends upon how much genuine and acceptable your reasons sound to the court.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query