30% OFF on all Law Courses until 10th of July. Enroll Now. Use Code: July30
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

SBhattacharya (writer)     19 April 2016

Please advise how to deal with a 107

I need urgent advice for my mother who is 75 years old and a widow, and just had the police serve a court notice u/s107 on her and me. After my father died my  mother's relative and some other neighbors have been harassing us and we have filed numerous FIRs against them for extortion, sabotage of our property, stealing our bank letters, and assault.  In fact they assault us in front of the police and told the police they will cut off our water. The police did nothing. The land our building stands on is my mother's ancestral property and she owns a big share of the title. We think the relatives and neighbors see her as a old widow who can be harassed so she leaves and they can make a deal with real estate developers. The police did not act on the FIRs, and instead they now have served a 107 on us. There was no complaint letter attached to the notice, and we were told to sign a bond by some lawyers. We have said we must be given a copy of the police report first, so we can filed our objection. The court officers refused to give me copy of the report. Our lawyer said the court did not give him the report. But our lawyer said the court told him 3 FIRs filed by the opposite party against us. We were shocked to find from the numbers and dates that these were the FIRs we had filed against the opposite parties on which the police never acted. So we have no idea what is happening. We now find our lawyer just keep moving dates, and at my mother's age this is mistreatement. We need to squash this 107 quickly. Please advise me what to do. Can I represent myself and my mother? 


 1 Replies

Pawan S (06292021602) (Advocate)     19 April 2016

Yes, it is very much possible for a person to appear his own case in person or authorise any other person who is non-advocate to represent his case.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query