LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Anandakumara MB (Lawyer)     15 March 2011

PF withdrawl from AP

I have worked in company in Andrapradesh in 2004 and left the company joined in bangalore(Karnataka), I was there in old company in AP about 1.5 yrs. I want  to withdraw the PF from the old company in AP .


What procrdure i have to follow?


 5 Replies

Kalpesh T Gosar (CA )     15 March 2011



First you need to collect annual PF statement from your previous company.

You need to submit annual PF statement to the current company with application for withdrawal.

Thanks and Regards


Noel (Project Director)     16 March 2011

A.  It is not a good decision to settle your PF with your prev. employer :

  1. you loose your service years, since if you are with PF for more than 10 years, you are eligible for pension.    Though it might look petty amount today, when you attain the age of 58 years, the rules will definitely change to give you, your last earned basic + da as monthly pension .
  2. Though you might get almost the full amount of your and your employer contribution, you will get only 1% of your Pension Contribution, paid by the Employer.

B. The best option is to present Form 13A (you can download from https://www.epfochennai.tn.nic.in/pdf/13revised.pdf ) to your present employer,  giving your previous employer's EPF code and yours ( TN/1785/09, TN/1785 is your employer's pf code and 09 is your code with your previous employer) and get the EPF & EPS account with the previous employer merged with your current employer.  

  1. In this way, you add the 1.4 yrs with your previous employer to the EPF & EPS service.
  2. Since this will not be the only jump in your career, this will be the best thing to do.

C. In case you want to encash:

  1. down load Form 19 and Form 10C fill it, sign it, enclose your bank account 1st page xerox and blank cheque leaf xerox and send to your previous employer for submitting it to the EPF office, where your account is.
  2. If your previous employer is not in existance, you can get the Form 19 and Form 10 C attested by the Officials listed in the application and send it to that office directly.

If in doubt, pleas get in touch.

Susanta Chakraborty ( )     16 March 2011

Good answer Mr. Noel, do agree with you.

Mr. Anandakumara pls follow the steps in point B.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     16 March 2011

A specific, crisp,concise, and precise reply, and a valuable advice.


This is what people look for at LCI.

Kalpesh T Gosar (CA )     17 March 2011

If you are going to encash PF , then please note TDS may be deducted.So it is advisable to transfer the PF fund to the current employer.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register